Friday 9 December 2011

Chilli Chocolate Avocado Mousse by Victoria Savill

I'm a pretty late convert to avocados.  I always thought they looked revolting and it wasn't until I went to Venezuela a couple of years ago that I discovered just how delicious they are.  My favourite recipe was given to me by a friend (I'm not sure where they found it).

12 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp chilli powder
1 large, ripe Hass avocado
3/4 cup light brown sugar
6 egg whites

Melt the chocolate with the cinnamon and chilli powder over a pan of hot water or in the microwave and set aside. Purée the avocado and brown sugar in a food processor until smooth then pour in the melted chocolate.  Bueat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg whites. Pour the finished mousse into 6 small bowls and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.  Serve with white chocolate shavings on top and raspberries on the side.

I've given this to several people who profess to hate avocado (including my 2 children) and everybody loves it! Viva le avocado!

No comments:

Post a Comment